Ceramic Multilayer Actuator test bench (aixCMA)
The original aixCMA test bench for ceramic multilayer actuator characterization has been extended by a temperature control unit which allows now to perform all measurements in the temperature range from room temperature up to 200°C. This system has been developed by aixACCT Systems to fulfill customers requests for system solutions. It includes a unique sample holder for a wide range of different sized actuator devices, necessary amplifiers for excitation voltage and current response measurements, aixACCT´s advanced measurement software, and optional software tools for data analysis and data exchange with database management systems.
The aixCMA system offers comprehensive electrical and electro-mechanical characterization
of ceramic multilayer actuator devices for device qualification and production control.
Important actuator characteristics like blocking force diagram and actuator stiffness can be
derived for a wide temperature range. Special user defined excitation waveforms for electrical and mechanical load allow
investigations of the CMAs performance under real application conditions.
- Blocking force and actuator stiffness measurements
- Large and small signal electrical and piezoelectric measurements
- Characterization of piezoelectric materials for energy harvesting devices
- Reliability and fatigue tests
- Impedance resonance measurements
Highlights / Benefits
- One system for comprehensive evaluation of piezo- and ferroelectric sensor and actuator devices
- One software for external hardware control (e.g. high voltage amplifier, laser displacement sensor,
oscilloscope) and data acquisition
- Investigation of CMA under real application conditions (dynamic control of electrical and mechanical load)
- Remote access and script control available
- Optional database connection (ODBC) for easy access on material / device characteristics
- Adaption to customers' hardware and customer specific requirements